Details regarding state/city requirements
plus our plan for opening again
We have just learned that, if we partner with a restaurant, we can open TODAY, Wednesday, May 27, 2020. Otherwise, we would need to wait until June to find out when we could open. Here is the edict that came out Monday:
“The intent of this guidance is to open establishments in which people traditionally associate only with those in their party and for the primary purpose of dine-in service, or what is colloquially referred to as “restaurants.” So, whether something can open as a restaurant depends on whether the establishment is set up to host patrons for meals.”
To that end, we have partnered with Shopey’s Pizza (almost next door to us in the corner building) and will open for business TODAY, Wednesday, May 27!
Our Old Towne Taproom location (604 Main Street, Louisville) will be open the following hours this week (hours are subject to change in future weeks):
- Wednesday/Thursday from 3-8pm
- Friday/Saturday from 1-9pm
- Sunday from 1-7pm
Additionally, we will be open during these same times for walk-in, curbside pickup, and delivery to-go beer. Please see our webstore at www.crystalspringsbrewing.com/shop or call the taproom to place your order.
As per state requirements, we will be putting in the following measures to protect customers.
- Implement 6 foot distancing measures between tables and customers.
- Provide contactless payment options whenever possible.
- Provide an option for customers to “sign in” to facilitate notifying them if an exposure occurs.
- Restrict standing and/or congregating at the entrance/exit and any interior spaces.
- Continue curbside pick-up/delivery options and recommend them for vulnerable individuals.
- Request customers to wear face coverings when not eating or drinking, e.g., walking past other tables to get to delivery areas or restrooms.
- Louisville requires all patrons over the age of 2 to have a face mask when entering any business. We are no exception.
- Refuse service to customers who refuse to adhere to hygiene and physical distancing requirements.
- Disinfect and thoroughly clean all shared surfaces between seatings.
- Conduct daily disinfection and full cleaning prior to opening each day.
- Ensure maximum ventilation by opening windows and minimizing air conditioning to the extent possible.
- Floors will be marked to delineate how foot traffic should move.
- Hand sanitizer will be readily available.
- For sanitary reasons and more (see below) we will be serving all drinks in 12 oz recyclable plastic cups.
In addition, employees will:
- Maintain 6 foot distancing whenever possible.
- Wear face coverings.
- Wear gloves and face coverings whenever possible when pouring beers or cleaning.
- Institute frequent breaks to wash hands and then don a fresh pair of gloves.
- Stay home when showing any symptoms or signs of sickness.
- Disinfect the restrooms every hour.
Furthermore, Crystal Springs Brewing has
- Instituted symptom monitoring protocols (including workplace temperature monitoring and symptom screening questions).
- Asked our taproom employees to monitor each other and the public for adherence to safety measures.
- Implemented systems to minimize staff interactions during shifts.
- Required facial coverings for vendors and suppliers entering the downtown taproom.
Finally, in addition to state requirements, we have instituted the following to protect our customers:
- Masks will be required to enter the taproom. Once seated, patrons may remove the mask, but are required to wear face coverings when going to the rest room or exiting the building.
- Instituted a reservation system to facilitate seating that follows state protocols
- Please visit our website, Facebook or Instagram to book your reservation using EatApp.
- Reservations are not required but are recommended.
- When reserving a table outside, please be aware of inclement weather. While we do have umbrellas for our outside tables, we will not be able to provide shelter indoors in the case of bad weather due to Colorado’s indoor capacity requirements.
- No seating or standing at the bar will be allowed. Our employees will wait on each table in a timely manner.
- Patrons in different parties must be a minimum of 6 feet apart and will not be allowed to mingle.
- We will not have any of our games available, but customers are allowed to bring their own.
- Our beer menu will be posted on our board menu. Disposable menus will be provided upon request.
These are unusual times and we ask that you follow our guidelines. They are there to protect you and our employees. Our beer garden will also be open. Most of the guidelines listed above will apply in the garden as well. We have a temporary license that allows us to serve in the front yard (from now until the beginning of November) as well as in the back.
As many of you have heard, the city has been working on a plan to close off the 600, 700, and 800 blocks of Main Street in order to allow us to serve outside. Last night the City Council met and decided to approve this plan. Obviously, there will be considerable logistics to consider before this can happen. The DBA (I am on the board) has been working hard to come up with plans and ideas. We will not have the patios out front this year as they would only accommodate two tables under the social distancing guidelines. Because of this, we will have extra seating in front of our building, in addition to the beer garden.
Sadly, we are temporarily closing our Brewery Taproom at the Tech Center. This has been a very bittersweet decision for us. However, the pandemic has required us to make some difficult decisions for a number of reasons. First, the state is asking for considerable outside seating, which we don’t have. Also, games are not allowed so we either close our game room or move all the games somewhere. Next, many of the businesses in the tech center have been or are still closed as well, which inhibits the happy hours and events we usually have. Finally, we need to expand production space and this will give us more room to do so. We appreciate your understanding. We will continue to offer to go beer curbside on Thursday and Friday afternoons at the Brewery Taproom location.
We are very excited to see you all again. Kristy will be at the taproom much sooner than I. I am restricted to our home at least through June. For both Kristy and I, our experience with covid 19, pneumonia and bronchitis was not something we would wish on anyone. Because of that we ask that you please, please adhere to and respect our guidelines. Thank you.
Cheers, Tom & Kristy