Help for the Holidays
Good morning on a chilly semi-winter morning. I haven’t sent out a newsletter for a while now. No excuse, but there is a lot going on with the brewery and it has been keeping me busy! I’m sure that sentence has piqued your interest so here we go.
- Yesterday we canned the latest batch of 13 IPA. I was on the canning line much of the day – just smelling the hops, as we were canning, was a rather pleasant experience. We plan to have it back on tap at the downtown taproom by tomorrow.
- Doc’s Porter is back – on tap and in cans – for a special holiday release. You can find it at Hazel’s or in our taproom. It’s a great beer for holiday meal pairings (it’s wonderful with turkey, dressing, beef, or using for making ice cream, etc.).
- Black Saddle will be coming out soon – hopefully by December 1. It makes a great holiday gift and is an excellent beer for sharing with friends or sipping by the fire.
- Don’t forget that Solano is also available in cans – at Total Beverage in Westminster or in our taproom. Try it when you cook a beer can chicken. I like using it both for the beer in the can and for basting the chicken.
- As I’m sure you know by now, our Blood Orange Kolsch won a gold medal at the Great American Beer Festival this year. What you may not know is that we just released it (for a limited time) in a special gold medal labeled can. Check it out at your favorite liquor store or in our taproom
The holidays are upon us and that means you’re probably looking for a gift for that special someone in your life. If that special someone is like me, they probably would like something beer related. We have plenty – beer, t shirts, hats, logo glasses, beer, gift certificates, and beer (did I say that already?). And if you’re looking for a place to host your holiday party, give Kristy a shout ([email protected]). Our taproom is available for rental Monday through Wednesday, afternoons and evenings, now through the holidays. Kristy has all the details.
I would also point out that a good way to avoid worries about shipping, availability and front porch pirates is to buy local.
Please note our Winter Taproom Hours:
M/T/W: 3-8 pm
Thu: 2-9 pm
Fri: 1-9 pm
Sat: 1-9 pm
Sun: 2-7 pm
And finally, what’s keeping us so busy? We’re expanding again. We are excited about adding more brewing capacity and canning capability. We will be moving our canning line to the area that was once the brewery taproom and adding some automation to speed up our production. More on all this later, but just a hint about something else. Kristy is very excited about a new possible addition at the brewery. If you ask her, she might just share it with you.
That’s about it for now – gotta run. I wish you all a wonderful Thanksgiving. Kristy and I will be at the taproom this Friday helping our staff and look forward to seeing you.